Due to the school closure, please see below for your child's learning
Year 2 Homework activities-March 2020
● Learn the 2x, 5x and 10x tables.
Learn them in order 1x2 =2
Learn then out of order 5x2=10
Learn to be able to say the question when the answer is called
out. If my answer is 14, what is the question? (7x2=)
If children are confident of these times tables, try the x11, x3 and x4 times tables.
● Regular work on answering addition and subtraction number
questions. For addition, also try adding three single digit numbers
eg. 3 + 4 + 2 =
● Telling the time-revise o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter
to. If confident, move on to learning all other times to five minute
Question about time intervals, starting at o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to eg. What time will it be 1 hour later, 1 hour earlier, 2 hours later, 2 hours earlier, half an hour later.
● Check that children know the number bonds to 10 and 20.
Number bonds to 10
10+0=10 9 +1 =10 8 + 2 =10
7+3=10 6 + 4 =10 5 + 5 =10
4+6=10 3 +7 =10 2 + 8=10
1 + 9 =10 0 + 10 =10
Number bonds to 20
10+10=20 19 + 1 =20 18 + 2 =20
● Write a review of a favourite book.
● Complete reading comprehensions.
● Write the story of The Frog and the Scorpion
● Complete spelling and handwriting activities in pack.
● If you have a computer, find out about your favourite animal.
Write information about its babies, diet, habitat and life span.
GEOGRPAHY AND PSHE
● Colour the Fair Trade worksheets. Find out about Fair Trade on
the computer, asking an adult for help.
Welcome to Year 2 Class!
Your teacher will very soon be filling this page with exciting class news, pictures of things we’ve done and more.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your Teacher know!